Monday, January 23, 2012

Steps in the Right Direction

While I slept very well Friday and Saturday nights, but not so well last night as phlegm was coming into my mouth all night. But it was not enough to have to spit it out. I continue to lose weight, down to 147.5 lbs. However I am getting down more nourishment. 3 bottles of Boost+, ice cream, mushroom soup after it was put in the blender and chocolate pudding so far today. I was able to down a 20 mg Prilosec pill. There has been some discomfort, but it is not unbearable.  In spite of the lack of sleep, I played Bridge with Bert today and we had the second best score of 25 pairs. I then briefly visited my 2 younger granddaughters. On Sunday afternoon, I got to spend time with Eva.
I will see Dr. Lewis tomorrow morning at 10:30. I moved up my appointment with Dr. Flam to Wednesday morning. I am scheduled to work at Kaiser tomorrow morning, and will do 2 hours early and then return after my appointment for another 2 hours.
Good news. My son had a negative cystoscopy today. My son Brian just arrived today for his appointment tomorrow with Dr. Lewis.
I asked an Interventional Radiologist who used to be an associate of mine, Dr. Marty Rindahl who was too busy climbing Mt. Everest to put in my Mediport about esophageal stents but he has little recent experience with them. He defers that to the gastroenterologists.

No comments:

Post a Comment