Friday, January 13, 2012

Dilatation for Today, Almost an Emergency

This morning, after taking my Hydrocodone-Homatropine cough syrup and 2 small pills, I tried a mouthful of well chewed Rice Krispies. It would not go down, In fact, for the next 45 minutes, nothing would go down, not even my own saliva and I was having severe pain. There were lots of oral secretions which I had to spit out, and with coughing, some of the cereal came back up.  I could not even drink my coffee.
This is significant progression of symptoms. Yesterday, I was able to eat a whole bowl of cereal without much discomfort.
I attribute this to flow dynamics. The flow through a tube is related to the 4th power of the diameter. Reduce the diameter by 1/2, and the flow rate is reduced to 1/16.
The symptoms now have abated somewhat.
My appointment with Dr. Lewis is for 3:00 PM but he has thankfully moved me up to 1:00 PM.
I will post again when I get home.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dr. Shuster.
    you are very kind to keep us posted at these hardest times. be sure to give most tender loving care to YOU first.
    glad you are feeling so well otherwise.

    our 1st mcc support group meeting is Sunday here. we'll be sending you our support by West Coast air currents. companions on this journey. marty c, Seattle

    ReplyDelete