Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday Afternoon At St. Agnes Medical Center

Just a brief update. It has been frustrating, but I have been in my hospital room since 3:00 AM. I had a Barium study this morning and will post pictures when I get home. Hyperalimentation will start tonight. I will be seen by Dr. Flam Monday morning, I presume in the hospital and go home Monday to continue hyperalimentation at home. 
Surprisingly, the Barium went down to my stomach passing around a huge glob of goo un my upper esophagus. The lower esophagus is very narrow and tortuous, but no evidence of malignancy there.
The last piece of the puzzle will be a scan, either PET/CT or CT to see if there is malignancy in the area. I am optimistic there is not. We will then need a strategy to deal with the lower esophagus.
Judy has been a Jewish Saint during all of this. Thanks to well-wishers. 
More details to come, depending on the degree of insomnia tonight and my mental status.

3 comments:

  1. Prayers for you and family. s/georgemurray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying for you Doc. I have admired and appreciated your openness in explaining what is happening and how the medical field is handling what must be such a frustrating and scary experience for you. Thought of you first thing this morning when I opened my eyes and said a prayer for you. Wishing you a quick solution to this latest bump in the road. We are all behind you Doc. Take care.
    Carol V. (mcc group)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're all thinking of you, Uncle Dave, and are grateful to have been kept up to date through your blog. Wishing you continued strength and tons of love,

    Andee, Ben and Alex

    ReplyDelete