Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bel Turns One


Sunday, July 25,2010.

Friday was Bel's first birthday. We went to visit and have pizza and cake, She is on the verge of walking. We had a nice visit. here is a photo of her with cake face.
I have now completed 13 treatments. I can report the following symptoms.
Loss of taste. This perhaps is the most troubling. I can’t taste anything. I have no desire to eat as a result. I can taste no saltyness and no sweetness. I will have to force myself to eat to avoid a feeding tube.
Dry mouth. I keep using the mixture of salt and baling soda to wet my mouth, but it does little good. At least it does not taste as terrible as it did.
Sore throat. This has improved since last weekend, and it seems the medication has worked.
Itchy skin, with some sensation of burning in my left neck.
Constipation. This may be from the narcotic in the slurry given to me for treatment of sore throat. I stopped taking it yesterday.
I have developed a quite severe low back pain. This has occurred in the past, but it is one of the worst I have had. When it started, my first thought was “could this be due to bone metastasis?”
I don’t think so. I have taken NSAIDS today and I’ll see what develops.
My bridge game is back to normal. Bert and I came first of 9 tables on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dave,
    Very good blog. I lost my father, Frank Coyle, aged 83 to MCC on March 31st, 2010. He would have loved emailing and corresponding with you. Thanks for the site and all the work you have put into it. Looking forward to reading more and watching your progress.
    Take Care,
    Dolores

    ReplyDelete