Saturday, July 23, 2011

Not Feeling Well

This has been a difficult week. I have been uncomfortable, probably due to the injections of Leukine. The constipation has disappeared and I am dealing with the opposite problem and with accompanying cramps. Last night I had shaking chills, and about 4:00 AM, the cramps woke me up and my nightshirt was drenched. My appetite and sense of taste are gone. I have to force myself to eat. I discussed the need for further chemo with Dr. John and he encouraged me to stay the course. I am not really convinced that the chemo is useful at this stage, but I plan to stick it out.
Today is my Granddaughter, Bel's second birthday party. I will make a brief appearance.
As to a replacement for Carofate, the generic that CVS found is $300, compared to $60. My insurance does not cover that brand and I can't blame them. They have another supplier which I think will be approved.
Thanks Patty at Dr. Flam's office for your help with this.

4 comments:

  1. Feel better soon friend.
    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a second opinion on the proposed treatment at one of the top Merkel cancer hospitals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reply
    Leilani leilani@westnet.com.au to me
    show details 2:40 AM (8 hours ago)
    Hi Dave
    I hope this makes it to you, I have tried a few times to leave a comment on your blog but for some reason it wont let me
    I just wanted to say that I hope things will improve for you soon and that we admire your courage and strength
    So much , I have to say your blog is so helpful for others and I am sure everyone appreciates it Dave
    Your're are having a rough time right now but one day at a time they say so keep going , !!!!

    As for Di 's comments don't take it to heart I think Di has a lot on her mind also in fact I know she has
    And I think what she may have said maybe didn't come across as she meant it or maybe she misread what you were saying
    Trouble with the written word is we cant see the persons face or emotions that go along with it and at times it can come over
    Different to what we intend

    Sending lots of positive vibes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all the way from here in Australia,I live in Geraldton if you want to look it up on West Coast


    Thinking of you and yours (((((hugs)))))


    Take care

    Leilani and Joe

    Pic of Joe with our son JR taken last week and also with one of our workers after a day's fishing
    Attached, maybe you can come out sometime, when you are well



    IMG_1246.JPG
    174K View Download

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I couldn't get the picture to work.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete