Sunday, May 22, 2011

The world did not end, so I will continue chemotherapy

Sunday afternoon, 5 days after Cisplatin, 3 days after my last dose of VP16.
This week has produced more severe symptoms than round 1.
Nausea has been worse. I have still been able to control it fairly well with the medications. The Zofram seems to be associated with constipation and I am now on my third day day without any action. I will not make the mistake of straining and will await the effect of prunes and laxatives.
Yesterday, I treated the nausea with a product legal in California, and I must say it was very effective.
In fact, last night I had the best night of sleep in a few weeks. 
Today is the first day I have not felt the severe fatigue of the past few days.
My taste buds are slowly fading away, but I have not completely lost my sense of taste. However, even after the "product", snacks did not taste as good as I might have expected.
I expect that in the next few days I will feel better, but round 3 will be worse than round 2.
I have an appointment with Dr. Flam Tuesday morning but he will be out of town, so I will see his assistant, Marina. The main thing will be the labs, and I will go fasting to the appointment to get a better idea about my blood sugar which has run in the 170's after Boost Plus. 
I received a subpoena for tomorrow morning to testify in a trial where a former associate of mine and St Agnes Medical Center are in a dispute. I received the subpoena Thursday night for Monday morning. I was never deposed or given any warnings. I called the attorney who was named on the subpoena, and after a brief conversation in which I played the cancer card, I was told they wouldn't need me. I guess having cancer isn't all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment