Thursday, May 19, 2011

End of Round 2, I'm Still Standing

Today, I completed round 2 of chemotherapy. I still have to go back tomorrow for a shot of  Neulasta to build up my white count. My labs today were all good except my blood sugar which is about 175, bit taken after Rice Krispies, raisins, bananas, and Boost Plus. I think this accounts for the elevation. I am more nauseated this time than last, and have added generic Compazine to my list of medications. I think it is giving me a Parkinsonian reaction as I notice a tremor as I type this. My mouth is still quite dry, my taste buds have not deteriorated further, and I have been getting up every 2 hours to empty my bladder. Otherwise I feel well.
Judy has been having shoulder pain without any trauma but with a sudden onset. I presume it is bursitis.
Rocky woke us up this morning with vomiting. There's never a dull moment around here.
We went to a birthday party for Bob Savluk Saturday evening  (May 24). He is a member of our Poker group and was celebrating his 60th birthday. It was a wonderful casual but eloquent party.
Another member of the poker group, Howard Watkins took photos. Below are two of Judy and Me, one with a hat and one without.
My hair has not yet begun to fall out but this is a preview.
Judy looks great in these pictures, and she has been wonderful during this battle. I couldn't ask for better care and support than what she has so cheerfully offered.

3 comments:

  1. Dave - I think you look really good (Judy always does). Keep fighting and posting.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend has stage 4 ovarian cancer. This summer marks the beginning of her sixth year since the diagnosis. She's been on several different chemotherapeutic agents, some of which caused extreme nausea. She successfully dealt with it by smoking marijuana using some sort of equipment that filters the smoke through water (NOT a bong pipe!). Additionally, it boosted her appetite and mellowed her out emotionally. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look great. Judy never seems to change and with the hat on, one would never know. Of course you are very handsome with your bald hairdo.

    ReplyDelete