Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Visit to Montreal

It is Sunday, April 17, 25 days after my laparoscopic surgery. The incisions are healing well. There is some discomfort in the area of the largest incision which is at the belt line. I feel more comfortable not wearing a belt.
I arrived late Friday, about 1 1/2 hours after the scheduled arrival time, delayed by a storm in Chicago. Lenny met me at the airport and took me home to have a snack of Montreal bagels and lox.
I met them again for brunch Saturday, and then they left for Toronto for Passover.
I arrived at my Mother's place and met my brother Robert and my nephew Peter. We went to Ty Breiz for lunch. I had my favorite Montreal Onion soup. It was great, Later in the afternoon, both Mom and I had GI upsets, perhaps because of MSG in the soup.
Today, I spent the day with my mother again. We spent the morning watching the 25th anniversary DVD of Les Miserables. It was wonderful, and I was in tears the whole show. We were visited by Andrea and Ben and my new Grand-niece who is only 2 weeks old. Her name is Alexandrea Lauren Urovitch, nicknamed Alex. My brother was also there.
They brought chinese food for lunch. After they left, Robert and Mom and I went for coffee at The Second Cup. I hung with my mother until 9:00 PM.
I have to say that I am not feeling 100%. I still am having GI upset.
My mother also seems as frail as I have ever seen her. She has also had GI upset and at dinner today, complained of dizzyness. I was somewhat concerned, but about an hour later, she ate a good meal of Won Tons, and I felt better about her.


Here is a photo of Alex and yours truly. She slept in my arms for about half an hour. You never forget how to hold a baby.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave,

    I see you've had zero comments and that is especially concerning seeing that the MCC Google Group should be supporting you. Oh well ... but please know that we will be thinking about you as you head into chemo. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Dave. Hopefully, the MCC Group and George will step up to the plate and support you also. Never give up !!

    Diane and Scott Hammond

    Miracle MCC Guy: caringbridge: scotthammond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex is sleeping in a sling as I am typing, but I will speak for her and for Ben (who is sleeping after being up half the night with her): we were so happy to be able to visit with you this past weekend! Uncle Dave, you look really great and we were pleased to see you in good spirits and eating heartily. Wishing you all the best and continued strength.

    Love,

    Andee, Ben & Alex

    ReplyDelete