Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Update Two weeks after Radiation

Very little is new. My skin is healing well. My taste buds show very early signs of improvement. I had a follow-up appointment with Dr Flam who recommended Zinc, 50 mg twice daily and brushing my tongue which is coated.
Dr Nghiem has suggested a follow-up imaging study which I will have at the end of November, and I am in the process of setting up a follow-up visit around December 1.
In the meantime, I will go to Montreal from about October 6-11, and then to Philadelphia Oct 11-17. Judy will go straight to Philadelphia October 6. At the end of October, we will meet friends from Montreal in Las Vegas.
We also have a Hawaii cruise from  December 8-22. I hope the imaging results do not put a damper on that.
My weight has fallen to 166 lbs from about 176 when I first found my tumor mass. This weight loss is not unwelcome.
Here are the most recent photos. I did get a haircut.
Below is a photo of our dog, Rocky and our granddaughters Eva and Sara

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Dave,
    I see a noticeable improvement in this week's photos. Your face has more life to it, both in colour and in expression. I wrote to my friend, Matt, in Florida who is a radiologist oncologist to find out about taste bud recovery. No response just yet.

    In the meantime, Ben and I continue to pray for your health every Shabbes we're in shul. We look forward to seeing you in October.

    Love,

    Andee

    ReplyDelete