Friday, August 13, 2010

Hooray. I passed!!!

I passed the written drivers test. The photo will be weird with half my face red. I will put it down to bad lighting. Actually, if you have an appointment, the CA DMV is very efficient. I was in and out within half an hour.
Only two more treatments to go.
Bert is much better, home from the hospital. We will play bridge this afternoon.
Mike and Leanna sent us birthday gifts which we opened while doing a Skype video chat. That was a great way to keep close when travel is impossible. My gift was two wooden pieces onto which Mike printed some old photos. Judy's gift was coasters hand painted by Sammi, age 2 1/2. Great and meaningful gifts.
Our house is on the market. What a pain in the you-know-what. On Wednesday we had to vacate the place as a couple with two boys checked it out for an hour. Then our realtor says they can't afford the asking price. How inconsiderate. We were only given an hour,s notice to clean up and get out.I am having great fun following the Giants. They are a good distraction.
We recorded the HBO special, The Pacific. I have been watching that. If you are one of those who feel that we should never have dropped the bomb on Hiroshima, watch that series. It will change your mind. War is horrific. You can't imagine the courage it took for the marines to go from island to island in the Pacific to battle the Japanese. If anything, the error was to go to islands like Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima, rather than wait until we could use the bomb.
I will report on my progress again next Tuesday after my last treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment