Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Things are Looking Up, Lots of Travel Plans.

Yesterday was another visit with Dr. Flam. I was his first patient and things ran like clockwork.
My labs were encouraging. WBC is still slightly low at 4200. Platelets are  still slightly low at 101,000, but hemoglobin is up to 11.9 grams. I am feeling much better. My taste buds are recovering, but my mouth is still dry. The candida has almost disappeared. I have to brush by tongue 2-3x daily. It makes me gag. I still have hearing loss which I am afraid will be permanent but I have a follow-up ENT appointment. I have mild peripheral neuropathy, manifest by slight numbness, dry skin and clumsiness. I guess I should be grateful there is no associated pain. I hope it gets better, but I am not optimistic. Vitamin B complex does not seem to make a difference. 
The good news is that I have made new travel plans.
Montreal, October 10-15. I will combine a visit to my mother, my brother and family and old friends, Bluma and Lenny, with Mcgill class reunions, 50 years from undergraduate, and 45 years from medical school. Judy will not be accompanying me on this trip.
Plans previously made include Philadelphia Sept. 9-15 and our coastal cruise September 24-Oct 1.
When I get back after Oct 15, the moment of truth will be upon me. That is a follow-up PET/CT.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave,
    Sounds like all is progressing very well. Enjoy all of those trips. You are one of the three miracle cancer patients I know.
    Sydne

    ReplyDelete