Thursday, August 25, 2011

Substantial Improvement Since my Last Post

Last Tuesday, I had a brief visit with the nurse. My labs are still not great, but my Hemoglobin is up to 11gm from 9.9. My white count and platelets are slightly low. I have been off parenteral nutrition since last Saturday morning and have begun eating much better. I am still losing weight but I suspect much of that as retained fluid. My taste buds are improving daily. Last night I had a small steak and it tasted like, well, you know, steak! 
The white coating on my tongue has improved, but not disappeared, so I renewed my prescription for the lozenges for another 10 days.
I definitely have more energy. I hope I am not going to overdo things, but I have decided to accompany Judy to Philadelphia on September 9 to visit Mike and Leanna and our grandchildren Sammi and Eli.
Pet/CT in about 2 months.
Visit to Dr Flam next Tuesday.
After we get back from our coastal cruise on Oct 1, I will plan a visit to Montreal to see my mother who continues to lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment