Friday, February 4, 2011

Good News. The Circulating Merkel Cell Count dropped to ZERO

It can't go lower than 0. This can't be bad news. I can't let myself be too excited about this because the count was 0 before my initial radiation treatment and I still developed a distant recurrence, but this is the best possible result.
I had a chest x-ray and it doesn't show any large mass, although the location is such that it would take some growth from the previous to be visible.
There are no lung metastases visible. In fact my chest x-ray looks like that of a 40 year old.
We had a very nice visit with my brother Jon last week-end and even got in a bridge game before he left.
My sister Ellie will visit from Edmonton next Monday, and our middle son Brian will visit the following week.
Comparing the CT image to the chest X-ray suggests a barely visible edge of the mass. This is a very questionable abnormality.
I would like to thank everyone for their kind words of encouragement and prayers. I am not a religious person but every little bit helps.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the update. i'm praying for you and i'm not a religious person either.

    mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear the good news.
    Sydne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I hope you continue your success.

    ReplyDelete