Monday, September 19, 2011

Back From Philadelphia

It was great to have the opportunity to visit with Mike, Leanna, and Sammie (age 3) and Eli (age 1).
Here is a photo of me with Sammie and Eli. As you can see, there is some new hair growing on that chemo head of mine.
I am feeling pretty well these days, and have agreed to work Tuesday and Thursday mornings this week. I have an appointment with Dr. Flam on Wednesday. That should be a courtesy visit, labs, flush Mediport, set up appointment for PET/CT quick physical, and out. Probably, I will be there less than 4 hours.
On Saturday, Judy and I leave for a 1 week coastal cruise. I wanted to drive to LA from Fresno to take the cruise, but common sense prevailed, and we will fly there.
After we return, I have one more week in Fresno, with visits to Dr Weinberg (to check my hearing) and Dr John (follow-up of radiation treatment). I plan to work 2 half days that week.
On October 10, I leave for Montreal to visit my mother. My sister Ellie will visit from Edmonton and my brother Jon, from Florida. Robert lives in Montreal, so we will have a reunion of all 4 siblings with my mother. It will also be the 45th reunion of my McGill medical school class and the 50th year reunion of the McGill undergraduate class, with a dinner planned with fellow alumni of the Honors (Honours) Math Physics class.
I return home to reality on October 17, with my PET/CT to be scheduled for that week. That is when I find out whether I have another reprieve or whether I will be looking for an experimental protocol.
We have a family cruise planned for mid December with all our children and grandchildren, and I am determined to be on that cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment